APP ACTIVITY REPORT
Distinguished members of the Association of Pediatric Physiotherapists (APP),
Dear members of the APP email group;
We would like to inform our colleagues about April 2014 - April 2016 period activities of the Association of Pediatric Physiotherapists, of which we undertook management in April 2014.
You may follow the updates on the official website or social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) of the Association. We receive great interest and appreciate it!
APP Executive Board
It is enough to send a photograph of your diploma to cocukPhysiotherapistdernegi@gmail.com in order to subscribe to our e-mail group.
ACTIVITY REPORT OF THE ASSOCIATION OF PEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
(April 2014- April 2016)
1. The Association contributed to the "Pediatric Neuromuscular Evaluation" seminar at Hacettepe University. - 25 May 2014
2. A visit to the Family and Social Policies Ministry General Directorate of Disabled and Elderly Services to launch the studies for the organization of "Risky Baby and Early Intervention" workshop - 27 May 2014
3. After the Extraordinary General Assembly meeting, the registered head office and charter of the Association were altered.- 7 June 2014
4. As the headquarters of the Association was transferred to Ankara, the inventory and document were also transferred to Ankara and the documents were re-classified.- 20 June 2014
5. Membership fee debts were inspected and the members were informed about their debt. As you know, the payment of membership fees is of great importance for the Association. Therefore, we request our colleagues to be sensitive about the issue and make the payment of the fees on time.
6. The date of the 3rd Pediatric Rehabilitation Congress has been specified and the works have been started. The Congress is going to take place on 8-14 October 2015 in Ankara under the theme of "Practice through Theoretical Information". Do not miss the early registration opportunities. For more information, please visit www.pediatrikrerhabilitaysonkongresi.org
7. The reports involving the opinions for ÇÖZGER (Reports on Special Needs of Children and Teens) and early intervention recommendations were prepared and shared with the Ministry of Family and Social Policies.- 10.8.2014
8. On September 8, 2014, Prof. Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel, the Chairman, gave a seminar to Cyprus Physiotherapy Association which also included an informative presentation on the Association of Pediatric Physiotherapists.
9. In order to introduce the Executive Board and explain the goals of the Board, we held the "Acquaintance Meeting and Training Seminar on the Innovations in Pediatric Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation". All training seminars organized by APP (up to date) have been free of charge. - 27 September 2014
10. APP organized the free seminar on "Current Approaches in Obstetric Brachial Plexus Injury” on 1 November 2014, which was open to all pediatric physiotherapists.
11. Our Association made contributions to the organization of Prof. Dr. Hıfzı Özcan 5th International Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Disorders Congress on 20-23 November 2014.
12. The "Early Rehabilitation Workshop" was held with the cooperation of the Ministry of Family and Social Policy, UNICEF Turkey and APP on 1-2 December 2014. APP played an active role in determination of the attendants, assignments in the groups during the workshop and generation of a workshop report. The President of the Executive Board worked with the representative of the Ministry of Family and Social Policy for the final report and the report was issued to the Presidents of the Commissions. In conclusion, the Early Rehabilitation Workshop was a very well-attended and productive workshop.
13. Prof. Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel, the Chairman of the Association, participated in the panel "The Difficulties Faced by Children with Cerebral Palsy in Education and Suggested Solutions". The panel was conducted on 16 December 2014 in Ankara with the participation of Saime Toptan, Prof.Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel, Prof. Dr. Gonca Bumin, Assist. Prof. Dr. Handan Doğan, Directorate General of Special Education and Guidance Services, Ankara Provincial Directorate of National Education, Çankaya District Education Directorate, Yenimahalle District Directorate of Education, Cankaya and Yenimahalle Guidance and Research Center officials, Gökkuşağı Secondary School, head teachers and teachers from İller Bankası Special Education Application Center and ISE Karakusunlar Industrial Vocational High School, TSÇV officials, SERÇEV Board members as well as other experts in the field and families. At the end of the panel, significant decisions were taken regarding the education right of the children with cerebral palsy and these decisions were submitted to the Ministry of National Education.
14. The Youth Commission of the Association of Pediatric Physiotherapists was established. The charter of the Youth Commission was created after the election of the Youth Commission Executive Board, members and associate members. Youth Commission is in action!
15. A meeting was conducted with Prof. Dr. Doğan Ünal, the general manager at the General Directorate of Health Services of Turkish Ministry of Health, for the physiotherapists working within the structure of the Ministry of Health.
16. APP organized the free seminar on “Current status in treatment and rehabilitation approaches in Torticollis" on 24 January 2015 for all pediatric physiotherapists.
17. The Association of Pediatric Physiotherapists took part in the "Consultation Meeting of UNICEF and Civil Society Organizations on the 2016-2020 Country Program" held by UNICEF Turkey on 27 January 2015. At this meeting, important steps were taken for policy development regarding disadvantaged children and children with disabilities in the country. APP presented a report on the necessary regulations regarding the rehabilitation practices for the disabled children.
18. We gave support for the 5th Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Congress that was held by the Turkish Physiotherapy Association on 20-24 May 2015 in Bolu.
19. The "3rd Pediatric Rehabilitation Congress" was held on 9-10-11 October 2015 at Ankara Wyndham Hotel with the participation of representatives from various disciplines.
20. On 27 February 2015, the Chairman of the Association Prof. Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel made a presentation at Hacettepe University Faculty of Health Sciences Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Department on the "Early Re-habilitation Workshop", which was organized with the cooperation of the Ministry of Family and Social Policy, UNICEF Turkey and APP on 1-2 December 2014.
21. The report demanded by Hacettepe University Faculty of Health Sciences Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Department regarding "Protective Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Approaches for Children" was mailed to the Head of Department, Prof. Dr. Ayşe Karaduman- 1 March 2015
22. Prof. Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel –the Chairman of the Association of Pediatric Physiotherapists- gave a briefing at Hacettepe University on the “Early Re-habilitation Workshop” that was held on 1-2 December 2014.
23. We are among the institutions that made contributions to the 9th Prosthetics and Orthotics Congress that took place on 22-24 October 2015 with International.
24. Negotiations were carried out with the Public Health Institution on 10 April 2015 and new goals were set in the light of these negotiations.
25. Panel discussions and informative seminar were organized for physiotherapy students on 18 April 2015 at Istanbul Acıbadem University with the participation of APP Youth Commission.
26. We made contributions to the “Follow-up Form for Risky Babies” prepared after the negotiations with the Public Health Institution- 3 May 2015
27. The Executive Board members Ex. Physiotherapist Meltem Yazıcı and Physiotherapist Erhan Karadeniz took part in the “Career Days” as speakers which was held on 16 May 2015 at Izmir University with the contributions of Turkey Physiotherapy Association Youth Commission, Pediatric Physiotherapy Association Youth Commission, Geriatric Physiotherapy Association Youth Commission and Sports Physiotherapists Association Youth Commission.
28. The second session of the "Early Re-habilitation Workshop" organized with the cooperation of the Ministry of Family and Social Policy, UNICEF Turkey and APP on 1-2 December 2014 took place on 20 May 2015 in Ankara. At this workshop, the Association was represented by the Chairman Prof. Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel, Vice Chairman Assoc. Prof. Dr. Meral Boşnak Güçlü, and General Secretary Assist. Prof. Dr. Nilay Çömük Balcı, and Board members Ex. Physiotherapist Meltem Yazıcı and Physiotherapist Erhan Karadeniz.
29. Assist. Prof. Dr. Nilay Çömük Balcı- the General Secretary of APP- presented a poster presentation on behalf of the Association at the “Healthy Living Congress” on 21 May 2015 in Sapanca.
30. The Executive Board members Physiotherapist Semih Taşkın and Specialist Physiotherapist Meltem Yazıcı attended the workshop “Problems and Solutions in Handicapped Children's Medical Rehabilitation in the Republic of Turkey” within the scope of the 2nd Gulhane Pediatric Rehabilitation Symposium on 22 May 2015 organized by the Association of TPMR Pediatric Workgroup.
31. The Chairman of the Association, Prof. Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel and Board Member Physiotherapist Erhan Karadeniz took part in the APP Youth Committee meeting on 22 May 2015.
32. We carried out the “Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Applications Course” on 8 October 2015 as pre-conference course within the scope of the 3rd Pediatric Rehabilitation Congress on 9-10-11 October 2015 at Ankara Wyndham Hotel.
33. We held the “Infant Motor Profile Courses” on 12-13 October 2015 as post-conference course after the 3rd Pediatric Rehabilitation Congress on 9-10-11 October 2015 at Ankara Wyndham Hotel,
34. We are one of the institutions that gave support for the “2nd Symposium on Brain Development” that took place on 19-20 March 2016.
35. Assist. Prof. Dr. Nilay Çömük Balcı- the General Secretary of APP- participated in the 25-26 November 2015 “Preparatory Workshop on National Accidents and Injuries (Ulusal Kaza ve Yaralanma Hazırlık Çalıştayı) on behalf of the Association.
36. Assist. Prof. Dr. Nilay Çömük Balcı- the General Secretary of APP- attended the “Panel: Unmet Services for Children with Special Needs and Their Families in the Additional Session for the World Disabled Day of the 1st International and 2nd National Developmental Pediatrics Congress” on 28 November 2015.
37. In February 2016, we gave support for the research of Prof. Dr. Arzu RAZAK ÖZDİNÇLER- academician at Istanbul University- regarding “Scoliosis Screening in Elementary Schools Located in Silivri Region” on behalf of Istanbul Directorate of Public Health affiliated to Turkish Ministry of Health Public Health Agency upon the demand of Dr. Bekir Keskinkılıç- Vice President of the Istanbul Directorate of Public Health.
38. We are among the institutions that have provided assistance for the 3rd International and 4th National Midwifery Congress that will take place on 20-22 October 2016 at Bilkent Hotel.
39. We held the free seminar “Detailed biomechanical Analysis of Posture Disorders and Physical Therapy Approaches for children with Neurological Problems” on 12 March 2016 at Ankara Gordion Hotel with the participation of Prof. Dr. Yavuz Yakut, Prof. Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel, Dr. Physiotherapist Duygu Türker and Dr. Physiotherapist Ayşe Numanoğlu Akbaş.
40. Prof. Dr. Mintaze Kerem Günel- the chairman of the Pediatric Physiotherapy Association- attended the “Career Days Program” of the Eastern Mediterranean University in Cyprus on 28 March 2016.